About BITS Pilani
Established as a simple "pathshala" in Pilani, Rajasthan, in 1901, BITS Pilani grew into one of the centres of excellence education in Post-Graduate degree programs in 1947. Since its inception, the institution focused on students' development with quality research and education in the field of Science, Technology, Business, Humanities, Public Administration, and Industry. In 2000, it earned the reputation of one of the world's paramount universities, and with strategic planning, it introduced the Work Integrated Learning Programs (WILP).
The WILP emerged as the foremost corporate education contributor and one of the primary choices for candidates aspiring for business management. For more than 39 years, the WILP has stood as the centre for the highest quality education and innovative learning technology. This program has been designed based on the prevailing industry trends by expert industry-trained faculties.
This is a not-for-profit university that transformed into one of the leading distance learning centres in India with GD Birla's initiatives. The university got its UGC approval in 1956 and belongs to the top 6 institutes to have received the honour of Institute of Eminence status in 2018. Currently, BITS Pilani holds the 3rd rank among campuses in India to offer the best study materials and the 2nd rank for online learning courses.
Why choose BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, for distance MBA?
- BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, offers one of the oldest distance learning programs in India, the WILP, with an open distance learning mode for working professionals.
- The courses here are UGC-DEB approved
- It offers the flexibility of distance education with exceptional e-learning modules.
- BITS Pilani is a legacy when it comes to quality education, premium study materials and experienced educators.
An overview on distance MBA from BITS Pilani
MBA from BITS Pilani distance education is a 2-years UGC-approved Post-Graduation course that is spread over 4 semesters. During the 4 semesters of WILP MBA classes, students get live classroom training during the weekends after normal business hours. WILP has been ideally designed for working professionals who aspire to lead the Business and corporate world. The distance MBA course helps you train for the current corporate world with state-of-the-art data analytical skills, simulations, machine learning, case studies, cutting-edge technology, and real-time projects.
Highlights of the distance MBA program by BITS Pilani:
- The Distance MBA program by BITS Pilani is a Work Integrated Learning Program that UGC has duly approved.
- It is a 2-years course, spread over 4-semesters with online weekend classes, offering the ultimate flexibility of studying at your own pace.
- The program has been designed for working professionals.
- It is a 100% safe online learning platform with contact-less classroom sessions and online examination facilities.
- BITS Pilani follows data analysis, simulation, case study, and real-time project-based distance learning module to impart the best knowledge about the industry.
- Industry experts conduct all the practitioner-oriented insightful sessions to help you solve real-life issues in the corporate world with advanced technique.
- Students need to complete their dissertation during their final semesters by applying all the techniques and concepts they learn during the programme. Thus, learning the art of application of Business administration techniques in a real-life scenario.
- Students pursuing the MBA program are under a Continuous Evaluation System (CES) that helps professors to assess the students better over regular and convenient intervals. Now, the students can receive regular feedback on their performance and scope of improvement from their experienced faculties.
- BITS follows a wide range of distance learning methodology blended well for experiential learning. The MBA program becomes more interactive and productive with the lab work, research projects, case studies and work-integrated ventures.
- Students completing the MBA program successfully become eligible to join the global and elite BITS Pilani Alumni community.
Distance education courses offered by BITS Pilani
Do you want to join the BITS Pilani distance education courses? Here is the list for your reference.
WILP Distance MBA Courses:
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Consultancy Management
- MBA in FinTech
- MBA in Quality Management
- MBA in Manufacturing Management
- MBA in Hospital and Health System Management
- MBA in Finance
WILP Post-Graduate Diploma Courses:
- PGDM in Finance
- PGDM in FinTech
- PGDM in Business Analytics
WILP PG Certificate Courses:
- PG Programme in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- PG Programme in Full-Stack Engineering
- PG Programme in Internet Of Things
Admission process for BITS Pilani Distance MBA course
If you want to apply for the distance learning MBA program at BITS Pilani, visit their official website and go to the Online Application Centre. As you create a login with your e-mail id and password, you proceed with the 8-step process to application.
Step 1: Application Form Fill up and submission
Select the MBA program you wish to join and fill up the application form with all the relevant details, upload the scanned copy of your photo and signature, and submit the form.
Step 2: Download the application
Download the PDF of your application after submission and save it for later.
Step 3: Application fee payment
Proceed with the Application Fee Payment. Students need to pay an amount of Rs. 1,500 during applying through Netbanking/ Credit/Debit Card.
Step 4: Printout application and receipt
Once you pay for the application, an Application Form Number is generated. Download the new application form and take a printout for corresponding with BITS Pilani.
Step 5: Fill the Consent Form
On the 3rd page of your application, there is a section for the Employer Consent Form. Get the consent form thoroughly stamped and signed by HR or an authorized signatory of your current organization. Work From Home candidates can attach an e-mail approval from the organization. On-Page 4, you will get the Mentor Consent Form. Refer to BITS Pilani's website to know who your Mentor can be and get it signed.
Step 6: Document Checklist
Refer to page 6 of your application and note the document checklist and enclose all relevant document-
- A photocopy of your photo ID proof
- A photocopy of your 10 and 10+2 standard mark sheet
- A photocopy of your Graduation Certificate and mark sheet
- All documents should be self-attested
Step 7: Document submission
Upload the scanned copy of your application form with all consent forms and relevant documents in DOC, PDF, DOCX, ZIP or JPEG format.
Step 8: Scrutinizing and selection
Upon submitting your application, all your documents will be sent to BITS Pilani Admission Cell to scrutinize your eligibility. Candidates getting selected will get a confirmation e-mail within 2 weeks of form submission.
Eligibility Criteria and Course Fee Structure
Eligibility criteria for candidate selection:
- Working professional holding an Integrated First Degree in B.E/ M.Sc./ B.Tech. from BITS or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks and 1-year work experience
- Working professional holding a Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) in B.Sc./ BCA/ B.Com. from a recognized university with a minimum score of 60% or equivalent course with at least statistics or mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 and a minimum of 2-years of work experience.
Course Fees: Rs. 2,31,000/-
BITS Pilani distance education MBA fees structure:
- A one-time application fee of Rs. 1,500/-
- A one-time admission fee of Rs. 16,500/-
- Course fee Rs 57,750/- per Semester.
Aspiring candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 74,250/- at the time of admission before their 1st Semester. Students can opt to pay the course fee with the Easy No Cost EMI option at the time of admission. Students can pay the remaining course fee later, before the subsequent Semester. All the above fees are non-refundable.
BITS Pilani only accepts online payment through Netbanking / Credit Card / Debit Card through their Online Application Centre.
Distance MBA program structure in BITS Pilani
The Distance MBA program by BITS Pilani is a 2-years program spread over 4-semesters of Open Distance Learning. In each of the first three semesters, students study 4 compulsory course subjects. During the 4th Semester, students need to choose 2 Elective courses from the list of electives provided to them at the beginning of the semesters. They need to submit their Project or Dissertation during the 4th Semester as well. The list of Electives varies with the MBA course chosen by the student.
Distance MBA learning methodology at BITS Pilani
Students joining the distance learning MBA program with BITS Pilani enjoy the below cutting-edge learning methodology for realistic training-
- Online live weekend lectures under expert faculties for 7-8 hours a week.
- Digital Learning module with recorded lecture sessions
- Case studies and assignment
- Experiential learning with Business simulation, Financial modelling, Hypothesis generation, etc.
- Project work
Registration for a distance MBA program with BITS Pilani
Do you want to register yourself for BITS Pilani MBA distance learning? Distance Education Guru, the leading academic counsellor in India, will provide you with all information related to admission, course fees, and program structure. To know more about the university and its courses, call us at +91 730-717-7057.