About Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning or SCDL is one of India's largest and in-demand distance learning institutes. Since 2001, the AICTE approved institute has provided students with the best distance learning opportunity to aspiring candidates.
Symbiosis Distance learning MBAcourses are conducted in collaboration with their international, national and local partners. There are 265+ collaborators spread across 26+ nations that offer corporate MBA programs to SCDL students. SCDL keeps a high value on education quality and ensures that every student gets equal learning opportunity with their e-Learning and self-learning course materials. The MBA curriculum offered here is a full-time course conducted by international and national faculties who are experts in the industry
There are over 350 faculties involved in distance learning who indulge in innovative learning procedures.
Why choose Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning for MBA courses?
- It is an AICTE approved university that received its ISO certification 6 years back.
- They follow a "Blended Learning" methodology that combines printed/published self-learning materials, Digital learning with e-books, and live classroom and chat sessions with faculties.
- SCDL indulges interactive e-Learning, case studies, and real-time projects to understand business management concepts better.
- Distance learning in virtual classrooms and computer-based assignments offer students more flexibility. They can access their classes from anywhere, anytime.
- There is a special Modular Course System with Credit Banking Facility. This facility allows students to opt for a single course and bank. Their study credits get accumulated in the bank for future transfer to any other SCDL program.
- 24x7 academic and technological supports for students.
An Overview of Distance MBA Course by Symbiosis
The Symbiosis Distance MBA course is a 2-years Post Graduate Diploma course that aims to help candidates shine in their career as market leaders in the competitive business world.
The distance MBA curriculum at Symbiosis has been curated for working professionals and professionals with a prominent knack for business. Therefore, the studies are highly focused on business academics with examples, case studies, and real-time projects. In addition, the SCDL distance learning courses focus on assisting you in securing a strong position in your future job.
With the perfect blend of course structure and learning methodology, you can define your career as Business Analysts, Finance Managers, Marketing Managers, HR Head, Finance Analysts, Operations Head, Business Development Manager, Recruitment Coordinator, Senior HR Officer, Purchase Manager, Sales Manager, Administrative Head, Customer Service Manager, Brand Manager, Project Manager, Placement Officer, Teal Leader, Branch Head, etc.
Features of the distance MBA course in SCDL:
- This is a 2-years Post Graduation course spread over 4 semesters.
- Students enjoy the flexibility of distance study with the benefit of joining live classroom from anywhere, anytime.
- The programs are AICTE approved.
- Admissions for this course take place twice a year, in July and January.
- The course remains valid for 4 years post-admission. So, students have the flexibility of completing the course within 4 years of registration.
- This course has been ideally designed for working professionals.
Distance learning MBA courses available with SCDL
Do you want to join MBA Symbiosis courses? Here is the list of distance MBA programmes available for you-
- MBA in Business Management
- MBA in Banking and Finance
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA in IT Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Business and Corporate Laws
- MBA in Insurance Management
- MBA in Cyber Laws
- MBA in Customer Relationship Management
- MBA in Export and Import Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship Development
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
Each of the above courses lasts for 2 years where they cover core subjects in 4 semesters. During your last semester, you get to choose from the specialization subjects.
Symbiosis distance education MBA admission process
Getting admission in Symbiosis for your distance MBA course is pretty straightforward. It involves the following four steps:
2. Form fill-up and submission: The second step is filling up the application form and submitting it with all your documents. You can submit the same online or at the Symbiosis Pune Campus. While submission, fill up the registration form and pay a registration fee of Rs. 1500/-
2. Download and offline Submission: Go to the official Amity University website and download the admission application form. Fill up the form and visit the nearest Amity centre or campus to submit the form offline with all the relevant documents. Submit a DD of Rs.1,100/- during offline application favouring the "Amity Form" payable at New Delhi. The applicant can also choose to pay the application fee by debit/credit card payment.
3. Entrance Test: Candidates without any State Level or equivalent score in the entrance examination need to appear for the SCDL-PGDBA entrance test and clear the same after application submission.
4. Fees payment: Upon successful selection for admission, students need to pay their course fee, either in full or in two during admission. You need to make the payment while you submit the Registration form.
- The registration Fee for SAARC students is US$ 100
- Registration Fee for International Students is US$ 100
Documents to be submitted during admission:
- Gazetted officer attested or Notarized copy of your Academic Documents
- Work experience Proof (if any)
- Name Change Proof (if applicable)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Photo ID Proof of the candidate
- A copy of his or her valid scorecard in State Level Entrance Examinations for MBA like MAT/XAT/CAT/GMAT/CMAT/ATMA or equivalent
Eligibility Criteria and Course Fees
Eligibility Criteria for admission in the distance MBA course by SCDL:
- Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- SAARC/International graduates are accepted from accredited/ recognized Institution/University.
- Students belong to the final year of their graduation can apply
- Students need to have a valid scorecard in State Level Entrance Examinations like MMS-CET/XAT/CAT/GMAT/MAT/ATMA or equivalent.
Students without a valid State Level Entrance Exam Scorecard need to qualify in the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test.
Course Fees: Rs.50,000/-
Course Fee Structure:
Students need to comply as per the below Symbiosis distance MBA fees structure:
- Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 1,200/- for students belonging to General/ Defence/Police/Parliamentary Category students. SAARC and International Students need to pay a fee of US$ 100 at the time of application.
- There is a one-time registration fee of Rs. 1,500/-
- Students can choose to pay the full course fee of Rs. 50,000/- or in two instalments.
Course Fee Structure for students:
|Category||One-time Full Payment||1st Installment||2nd Instalment|
|Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 47,000/-||US$ 2400||US$ 1300|
|Rs. 35,000/-||Rs. 35,000/-||US$ 1600||US$ 900|
|Rs. 20,000/-||Rs. 17,000/-||US$ 1100||US$ 600|
Note: The above program fee doesn’t include the cost exam and project fees. Students have to pay for the examinations and projects separately at the time of submission. Exam fees will be collected at per paper per attempt basis. Program fee, Project Fee or Exam Fees are non-transferable and non-refundable
Before you pay your fees to SCDl, you need to know that they don’t accept any cash payment of fees. Candidates need to follow the below payment methods-
- Students can pay for all the program fee, exam or project fees online through Net banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / IMPS / Payment Wallets.
- For offline payments, prepare a DD in favour of "The Director SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune.
Distance MBA Program Structure at Symbiosis
The distance learning MBA program in SCDL is a 2-year program spread across 4-semesters. The 1st and 2nd Semester each have 5 subjects, whereas there are 4 and 3 subjects in the 3rd and 4th Semesters, respectively. 1st and 2nd Semester is the same for all students. Students get to choose their specialization subjects during their 3rd and 4th Semester and get subjects accordingly, in addition to the common subjects.
The List of Specialization courses offered at SCDL:
- Management Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Relationship Management
Distance learning methodology at SCDL
Students joining the distance MBA course at SCDL enjoy the following facilities:
- Online live classroom session with experienced faculties
- Digital Library
- Online induction programs
- Free Webinar access
- Recorded lecture sessions
- E-learning and self-learning
- E-Text Books
Register for Symbiosis distance learning course
Do you want to join the Symbiosis MBA distance learning course? Distance Education Guru is here to provide you with all the information. We are the leading academic counsellors to guide you with the course structure, admission process, and program fees. To know more about the Symbiosis program structure, call us at +91 730-717-7057.