The Best Distance MBA Colleges in Chennai for Working Professionals
These distance education MBA courses are specially designed for working professionals. They offer flexibility and help prepare a candidate for the corporate world. With your work experience and the course content, you develop business skills for strategic planning and execution.
There are 25+ colleges and universities for distance MBA in Chennai. The most preferred Government College in Chennai is the Tamil Nadu Open University. 18 of these 25 institutions are privately owned colleges offering professional Distance MBA courses. Some important private and public sector colleges with reasonable course fees are Annamalai University, Alagappa University, the University of Madras, etc.
Of the 36 colleges offering distance learning opportunities in Bangalore, 28 offer degree courses in MBA and 19 offer Distance PGDM courses.
The list of top 10 colleges for MBA distance education in Chennai and the standard course fee they offer are-
|Name of the College||Course Fees (in Rs.)|
|Tamil Nadu Open University||21,000|
|Directorate of Distance Education Annamalai University||56,000|
|NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education||1,41,000|
|The University of Madras||37,600|
|Algappa Institute of technology||50,000|
|Jaro Education – Welingkar Institute of Technology and Management Research Distance Learning||60,000|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education||1,03,000|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||49,900|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology||60,000|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||35800 – 50,800|
Eligibility criteria for admission in Chennai Distance MBA colleges
Every aspiring candidate willing to be a part of the leading colleges for distance learning MBA in Chennai needs to meet the eligibility criteria set by the universities. To become eligible for admission in the colleges, a candidate needs to meet the below criteria-
- Must hold a 3-years Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from an accredited university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
- There is no upper age limit in the majority of the colleges for Distance MBA. But the applicant needs to 18 years and above.
- Though it is not mandatory, universities prefer candidates holding 2-3 years of work experience in any field.
The private colleges for Distance MBA require candidates to pass the State-level entrance examinations, or university organized examinations with a pre-determined percentile. The commonly appreciated entrance examinations are CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT, NMAT, etc.
Job prospects after completion of Distance MBA in Chennai
Professional courses like Distance MBA courses in Chennai are designed for working professionals with aspirations for a lucrative position in Nationals and Multinational organizations. If you are already working in a company, the course will enhance your managerial skills and improve your scopes for a better job profile in the corporate world.
Once you complete your Distance MBA course in Chennai, you become eligible for job opportunities in senior positions in public or private organizations of MNCs. You will get job opportunities depending on the course specialization you pursue. The different fields of job opportunities after the Distance MBA course are-
- Financial broking company, trading agencies, insurance companies, credit-rating firms, banks, etc.
- Marketing: FMCG companies, event management firms, advertising agencies, etc.
- Human Resources Management: Corporate and MNC's hiring team, agencies for training and placement, career counselling agencies, etc.
- Operations Management: Production, logistics, or distribution departments of MNCs.
Job profiles to expect after Correspondence MBA course:
So far, we have established the expected fields where you can get job opportunities. Here is a brief list of job profiles you can look forward to after your Correspondence MBA course-
- Senior Sales Executive
- Assistant Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Project Manager
- Finance Executive and Manager
- Product Analyst
- Corporate Associate
- Senior Marketing Associate
- Retail Manager
Other prestigious job profiles are there, depending on your field of specialization in the Correspondence MBA course.
Correspondence MBA colleges in Bangalore ranked as per placement support
At Distance Education Guru, we consider the placement support offered by a company as a major point of consideration for ranking them. Always remember that your work experience and the reputation of your Distance MBA College play a vital role in your placement in future. While selecting a college for your Distance MBA, it is best to understand the placement support.
Here is the list of the top 5 colleges for distance education in Chennai for MBA:
|Rank||Name of the College||Top Recruiters|
|1||The University of Madras||Wipro, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Home First Finance, etc.|
|2||IMT-CDL – Distance Learning||Reliance Asset Reconstruction Company Limited, Allahabad Bank, Amazon India, American Express, Daffodil Software, etc.|
|3||Anna University – Centre for Distance Education||Cognizant, Accenture, Amazon India, Tata Consultancy Services, etc.|
|4||All India Institute of Management Studies||USTPL, Aditya Birla Group, Exide Industries Ltd., Capacite Infraprojects Ltd., etc.|
|5||Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University||TATA Communication, Zebronics, JusPay, etc.|
Top 10 Distance MBA institutions in Chennai for Diploma / Degree courses
Chennai has 29 colleges for Correspondence/Distance education courses. 14 colleges on that list offer Diploma courses lasting 12-15 months, and 22 offer MBA degree programs for 2-years.
Top 5 Correspondence colleges for PGDM Courses in Chennai-
|Name of the College||Location|
|Indian School of Business Management and Administration||Teynampet|
|National Institute of Business Management||Thiruvanmiyur|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning||Hosur Road|
|Jaro Education – Welingkar Institute of Management||Anna Nagar|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||T Nagar|
Top 5 Distance MBA colleges in Bangalore for Degree Courses-
|Name of the College||Location|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||Teynampet|
|Tamil Nadu Open University||Alandur and Anna Salai|
|NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education||Guindy|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology||Kattankulathur|
|University of Madras, Institute of Distance Education||Chepauk|
Affordability of Distance Education MBA in Bangalore
MBA courses in Chennai distance education colleges generally range between Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 for private colleges. Government colleges like Tamil Nadu Open University charge as low as Rs. 23,800/- for a 2-years Distance MBA course.
Of the 29 colleges for distance education MBA in Chennai, 18 colleges have course fees less than or equal to Rs. 1,00,000/-, 4 colleges have course fees between Rs. 1,00,000-Rs. 2,00,000, 2 colleges charge their program fees between Rs. 2,00,000 - Rs. 3,00,000, and only the Universal Airhostess Academy has a course fee of Rs. 5,00,000/-
We have listed the Distance MBA colleges in Chennai based on their course fees.
List of 62% of the colleges with Correspondence MBA course below Rs. 1 lakh:
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- Indian Institute of Business Management and Administration
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University
- The University of Madras, Institute of Distance Education
- National Institute of Business Management
- Jaro Education - Welingkar Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies
- Anna University, Centre for Distance Education
- All India Institute of Management Studies
- MIT School of Distance Education
- Indian Institute of Knowledge Management
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Smart MBA Online
- Study and Lead Educational and Welfare Society
- Kamarajar Institute of Management
List of the 14% Distance MBA colleges in Chennai with course fees ranging between Rs. 1-2 lakh:
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education
- NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education
- Kamarajar Institute of Management
List of the 8% Correspondence MBA colleges in Bangalore with course fees between Rs. 2-3 lakhs:
- IMT-CDL Distance Learning
Distance MBA specialization courses in Chennai-based correspondence colleges
Distance MBA colleges in Chennai offer different specialization choices to aspiring candidates. The popular specialization courses covered in the MBA program are-
- General MBA
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resources Management
- International Business
- Information System and Security Management
- Hospital Management
- E-Business Management
- Operations Management
- Shipping and Port Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Retail Management
- Project Management
Subjects covered in the Distance MBA college syllabus in Chennai
A full-time MBA course and a Correspondence course usually cover the same subjects during the 2-years course.
- Accounting Management
- Business Law
- Practices and Principles of Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resources Management
- Organization and Customer Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Management Economics
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Financial Accounting
- Research Methods
- Business Communication
- Project Management and Service Innovation
- Management Accounting for Costs and Control
Registration for Correspondence MBA courses in Chennai
Do you want information on MBA distance education Chennai? Distance Education Guru has a complete list of colleges, their admission process, and course fees. We are the best academic counsellors in Chennai to offer thorough career guidance. To know more about the Distance MBA colleges, call us at +91 730-717-7057.