About Sikkim Manipal University
Since its inception in 1995, Sikkim Manipal University, has remained one of the leading public-private University of India. The Gangtok based University was built on 15th November 1992. It grew into the leading distance learning campus in India. The University exists with the sole aim of expanding healthy and exemplary education among aspiring students.
SMU is an Indian Government-approved and UGC-recognized university that believes in spreading nothing but high-quality learning through online distance education courses. There are two campuses under this University - the Medical Campus and Technology Campus. However, the Directorate of Distance Education, Sikkim Manipal University, is responsible for educating aspiring candidates with distance MBA courses.
With the SMU distance MBA course, you earn an opportunity to getting placement in multinational companies in both private and public sectors. The course prepares you into a true business professional with a proper understanding of modern business management concepts. Students here enjoy quality online sessions along with self-learning modes.
SMU has a well-appointed infrastructure with expert faculties to impart the perfect knowledge of business management. The 2-years MBA course here offers you the ultimate flexibility and ease of learning.
Why choose Sikkim Manipal University for higher education?
- SMU has been awarded the position of No. 1 Distance Learning University by Silicon India, Careers360, and ASSOCHAM.
- It is a UGC-recognized university for distance education.
- SMU offers easy learning for 24x7 with the EduNxt App & SMU-DE Apps and various modes of online studies.
- You get flexible payment options here.
An Overview of the Distance MBA course by SMU
If you want to pursue your higher education in Business Management, SMU distance education MBA is the ideal program for your career. This is a 2-years MBA course, spread over 4 semesters, that promises quality education and smooth placement into top companies in India.
The Distance education MBA course at SMU has been specially designed for working professionals. Now, you can continue your aspiration for higher education without quitting your job. The program has been carefully designed such that it doesn't compromise on the education quality and upgrades your skills with real-time business knowledge.
The University offers you the option of specialization in Information System, Finance, Marketing, and Human Resource Management along with the distance MBA course. The distance MBA course is DEB and UGC approved. SMU promises huge placement opportunity upon successful completion of the course.
Highlights of SMU distance education MBA Course:
- It is a 2-years Post Graduation course in Business Administration, spread over 4 semesters, specially designed for working professionals.
- The course has been designed to enhance your analytical and logical evaluation skills.
- The course is a perfect amalgamation of core management subjects and elective modules.
- SMU offers an excellent platform for distance learning with self-learning and lives online classroom education opportunities.
- The program offers a learning opportunity from real-life case studies and projects.
Admission Process for Sikkim Manipal University distance MBA course
Do you want to pursue your distance education MBA from SMU? SMU conducts admissions twice a year - in January and July. Here is the detailed admission process you need to abide by-
- SMU publishes admission notification on their official website. Keep track of the notifications.
- Visit the official website of SMU, go to the "Admission" section and fill up the enquiry form on the webpage.
- Upon receipt of your admission request, the eminent student counsellors will call you back. Admissions take place directly at the Directorate of Distance Education, Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
- The University will evaluate your profile and generate an application form for eligible candidates by entering their basic details. Your Application form should have details like First Name, Last Name, Contact and Address information, the course applied for, Date of Birth, Benefit category, etc.
- Candidates need to submit the application along with all supporting documents.
- Furnish all supporting documents and re-verify all information in the application form before clicking on the "Proceed" button.
- Note your application number after form submission.
- Selected candidates will have to clear the SMU DE Management Aptitude Test.
- Upon clearing all entrances and meeting the eligibility criteria, you get admission to SMU and your Student ID
Documents required for submission:
- 1 copy of your passport size photo
- Attested and scanned copy of your 10th and 12th Standard mark sheet
- Graduation certification and mark sheet.
- Copy of the State Level Entrance Test Scorecard like MAT/CAT/GMAT/XAT/CMAT or equivalent.
Eligibility Criteria and Course Fees
SMU Distance MBA eligibility criteria:
- A Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- 45 percentile score in National Level Entrance Examinations like CAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/SNAP/IBSAT/TISSNET or equivalent entrance tests
- A minimum 45 percentile in SMU DE Management Aptitude Test.
SMU Distance MBA fees: Rs. 85,000/- (Rs. 21,500/- per semester, inclusive of Rs. 5,000/- exam fees)
SMU distance learning MBA fee structure:
Students willing to take admission at SMU for distance education MBA courses can pay their total course fees at the time of admission or annually per semester-wise. You need to pay for your exam fees before each of the semesters. The per semester fees of Rs. 21,250 is inclusive of the Examination fees of Rs. 5,000/-.
SMU MBA distance learning program structure
The 2-years SMU distance MBA syllabus is spread over 4 semesters which cumulatively account for 100 credits. The 1st and 2nd Semester have 6 subjects each and the 3rd and 4th semester have 2 subjects and 4 elective or specialization subjects each. Students will need to submit their Projects during their 4th semester.
1st Semester Syllabus:
- Organization behaviour and Management Process
- Human Resource Management
- Business Communication
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Statistics for Management
- Managerial Economics
2nd Semester Syllabus:
- Operations and Production Management
- Marketing Management
- Finance Management
- Project Management
- Operations Research
- Management Information System
3rd Semester Syllabus:
- Research Methodology
- Legal Aspects of Business
- 4 subjects in your Specialization Area
4th Semester Syllabus:
- Strategic Management and Business Policy
- International Business Management
- 4 subjects in your Specialization Area
- Project Work
SMU offers specialization in-
- Information System
- Human Resource
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
When you approach your 3rd and 4th semester, you can choose 4 subjects from your selected zone of specialization.
Semester-wise specialization subjects:
|Specialization||3rd Semester Subjects||4th Semester Subjects|
|Information System||Software Engineering||Technology Management|
|-||Business Intelligence and Tool||Java & Website Designing|
|Human Resource||Manpower Planning and Resourcing||Performance Management and Appraisal|
|-||HR Audit||Compensation Benefits|
|-||Management and Organizational Development||Change Management|
|-||Employee Relations Management||Talent Management and Employee Relation|
|Finance Management||Security Analysis and Portfolio Management||Treasury Management|
|-||Internal Audit and Control||International Financial Management|
|-||Mergers and Acquisitions||Insurance and Risk Management|
|-||Taxation Management||Merchant Banking and Financial Services|
|Marketing Management||Consumer Behaviour||e-Marketing|
|-||Sales Distribution and Supply Chain Management||International Marketing|
|-||Retail Marketing||Services Marketing and Customer Relationship Management|
|-||Marketing Research||Advertising Management and Sales Promotion|
SMU distance education learning methodology
SMU students get special access to the EduNxt online students' service portal by SMU. Students, upon admission, receive their portal login id and Roll numbers. Their portal password is their roll number. Once students are enrolled, SMU sends them an e-mail with all the details for online login.
The EduNxt Online Platform has been specially designed for SMU students with advanced, user-friendly technology. Students enjoy the following services over EduNxt-
- Course-related notices and announcements
- Videro recordings of lectures
- Discussion forum
- Live online classroom
- One-on-one faculty interaction platform
- e-learning with study materials
- Digital Library
- Internal Assignments
EduNxt has a mobile-friendly interface. You can download the app on your smartphone, stay connected to your university, and get access to your course study materials. The app is operational on both iOS and Android platforms.
Register for SMU distance education MBA course
Do you want to enrol yourself on the SMU MBA distance learning course? Connect with us at +91 730-717-7057 and find out more about the course. Distance Education Guru is the academic counsellor to provide you with complete details on the admission process, course fees, placement options, and more at Sikkim Manipal University.