The NMIMS or Narsee Monjee Institue of Management is a Mumbai-based private university established in 1981. Since its inception, the university had the motto of spreading "Excellence in Education". The university follows DEB and UGC approved distance learning courses and has earned the reputation of the leading B-School globally to offer such correspondence courses.
Currently, NMIMS Institution, run by Shri Vile Parle Kelvani Mandal, has opened up 6 new branches at Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Shirpur.
NMIMS distance learning courses are currently the top ones in the market. Candidates who aspire to pursue MBA courses along with their jobs get the best platform here. Students here can communicate directly with their faculties and fellow students through video conferencing, e-mails, and other electronic platforms. The university collaborates with top companies like American Express, Accenture, Vodafone, Emerson, and Cipla.
Candidates joining this university get groomed to face the challenges and hindrances of the corporate environment. Upon pursuing a successful Narsee Monjee distance learning course completion, a student becomes enlightened with skills to be a manager, a visionary, or a leader.
The majority of the students graduating from this university emerge as entrepreneurs or market leaders enriched with vision, skills, and knowledge. Here, you not only interact with India's leading faculties but also acquire certificates from foreign universities. NMIMS MBA courses are conducted in a classroom-type environment such that every candidate can access the sessions from their remote location. Their online study platforms offer a digital library as well. However, it is convenient to appear in classes that form the major reason for working personnel to choose the distance MBA courses here.
Overview on NMIMS distance learning MBA
The NMIMS distance education courses involve 3 years BBA, 2 years Post Graduation Diploma, and MBA courses. The Narsee Monjee MBA courses are for 2 years that have been specially designed to meet the needs of working executives and graduates who wish to prosper with business management.
NMIMS offers distance MBA courses under the NMIMS global access school banner. Apart from the 9 regional offices, students can get themselves enrolled in the MBA course in 26 cities of India. Aspiring candidates can visit the 80 enrollment partners and check out all the MBA courses to process admission here in Narsee Monjee.
Features of NMIMS distance MBA course:
- Courses are recognized and approved by the Distance Education Bureau of India (DEB) and University Grants Commission (UGC)
- NMIMS has received an A+ accreditation from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India (NAAC).
- Courses are run by faculty members belonging to reputable institutions like IIT and IIM.
- Each of the MBA courses lasts for about 2 years over 4 semesters.
- AICTE, DEB, and UGC widely recognize this MBA course.
- There is a wide collection of specialization courses available in Post Graduate Business Management courses.
- Students get an option to change their field of specialization only once in their courses' validity when you re-register during your 2nd or 3rd Semester.
Distance learning MBA courses available with NMIMS
If you want to join Narsee Monjee distance MBA courses soon, here is the list of all the MBA programs offered by the institution.
- MBA in Business Management
- MBA in Banking and Finance Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in International Trade Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Information Technology Management
- MBA in Retail Management
Each of the MBA courses lasts 2 years, which can be maximum expanded to 4 years for working professionals. Working professionals need a minimum score of 50% to get admission in any of these courses, along with 2 years of work experience. Working professionals can admission to the 15-18 months Executive MBA programs as well.
NMIMS distance education MBA admission process:
NMIMS Distance MBA admission happens in July and January under the Spring and Fall cycle. Aspiring candidates need to furnish the below documents to initiate the admission process here.
- 10th Board Examination Marks Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Board Examination Marks Sheet and Certificate
- Graduation Certificate and Marks Sheet
- Photo ID Proof
- 2 copies of photographs
One can complete the admission procedure in 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Registration
Visit MNIMS and fill up the registration form for distance MBA online. You need to pay a registration fee of Rs. 1,200 submitting the form online.
Step 2: Submission
Go to authorized enrollment partners like us, Distance Education Guru, and submit your documents, including-
- Work experience certificate
- Graduation certificate and marks sheet
- Photo ID proofs
- 2 copies of passport size photographs
Our counsellors will then verify your documents with the NMIMS admission standards and upload them on the system.
Step 3: Payment of the fees
Upon a successful profile submission and subsequent receipt of document approval, the candidate needs to pay the program fee mentioned in the prospectus. You can choose between the three payment structures and make payment in your preferred mode-
- You can pay online through Debit/Credit Cards or net banking
- For offline payments, prepare a Demand Draft in favour of "SVKM's NMIMS" payable at Mumbai.
NMIMS offers loan facilities to students. No credit card is required. You can also avail the easy EMI options for 3, 6, 9, or 12 months on your credit card using an Axis Bank, HDFC, ICICI, Standard Chartered Bank, SBI, Citibank, Kotak Mahindra, or HSBC Bank credit card during payment.
Step 4: Confirmation
Once the university accepts the payment and approves all your documents, candidates will receive an admission confirmation and a student number or ID. NMIMS then dispatches all the study materials to your address and activates your students portal, where you can avail all the online lecture sessions.
Notes: Students don't get permission to change their Authorized Enrollment Partners within the city after registration. However, if you wish to change it to another city, you can do the needful by paying Rs. 2,500/-
Eligibility Criteria and Course Fees
Eligibility Criteria for admission in the distance MBA courses
- Bachelors Degree Certificate (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university or institution with a minimum score of 50% or similar AIU or Association of Indian Universities approved degree with a minimum 50% marks.
- Bachelors degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university with 45% aggregate and 2 years work experience in any field.
Candidates should be able to furnish their work experience certificates at the time of admission.
Course Fee: RS. 1,44,000 - Rs. 4,00,000
The course fee varies depending on the MBA course you choose.
Course Fee structure:
- There is a registration fee of Rs. 1,200 against each course
- The second phase involves payment of NMIMS distance MBA fees. There are three options to make this payment- 1) full fees for the 2 years course, 2)Annual Payment procedure where you pay the program fee on per year basis, and 3) Semester-wise fee payment (there are 4 semesters)
- Students need to pay an examination fee of Rs. 600 against each subject before the examination
- There is a PCP charge of Rs. 250 per subject.
NMIMS Distance MBA program structure
As mentioned earlier, the distance MBA program continues for 2 years. It is broken into 4 semesters. Each of the first 3 semesters of the courses contains 6 subjects. During the 4th Semester, students study 5 subjects and complete 1 project. Each of the subjects in each Semester, including your Project, earns you 4 credit points.
NMIMS conducts examinations for MBA courses two times a year, during January and July. Students who pursue distance MBA here have the option to choose between the examination dates. NMIMS evaluates your performance based on your semester-wise assignment submission, Term End Examination scores, and the Project.
- Each subject is allotted 100 marks where your assignments ear your 30 marks, and 70 marks goes to the computer-based examinations.
- Students need a minimum aggregate of 50 marks combining the two to pass in the term-end examination.
The computer-based examination is again divided into two parts-
a. MCQ or Multiple Choice Question
b. 2 Descriptive Questions
- The Project students submit during the 4th-semester accounts for 100 marks.
NMIMS learning methodology for distance MBA
NMIMS assigns students' portal to each candidate upon admission. Students enjoy the ultimate amalgamation of advanced and traditional learning methodology here with-
- Mobile App and desktop logins
- Lecture Presentation
- Live Lectures
- Recorded lecture sessions
- Digital Library support
- Online discussion groups and forums
- Case studies
Register for NMIMS MBA course
Do you want to join the NMIMS correspondence MBA course? Register with us at Distance Education Guru. We are the best academic counsellors and the authorized enrollment partner for NMIMS. We offer aspiring candidates detailed counselling on the admission process, course selection, and fee structure. To know more about the courses, call us at +91 730-717-7057