The Best Colleges for Distance MBA in Mumbai
The distance education courses in MBA here are designed to offer candidates the flexibility of studying at their own pace. These colleges conduct courses with advanced e-teaching technology.
There are 64 colleges for distance learning MBA in Mumbai. 3 colleges of these belong to Government, and the rest are under public or private universities. The Government colleges here are the University of Mumbai - Institute of Distance and Open Learning, Indian Institute of Materials Management, and Indira Gandhi Open National University. Each of the Universities and institutions offers exceptionally affordable courses for MBA.
We have prepared the list of the top 10 distance MBA colleges in Mumbai and their course fees.
|Name of the College||Course Fees (in INR.)|
|NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education||1,41,000|
|EduMine Institute – NMIMS Global AEP||1,44,000|
|The University of Mumbai – Institute of Distance and Open Learning||33,200|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education||1,03,000|
|Jaro Education – Welingkar Institute of Management||60,000|
|Xavier’s Institute of Business Management Studies||40,900 – 60,000|
|MIT School of Distance Education||37,000 – 68,000|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||35,800 – 50,800|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning||46,000|
|IMT – CDL||2,00,000|
How to get admission to the Correspondence MBA colleges in Mumbai?
If you want to join the distance MBA Mumbai courses, you need to meet the eligibility criteria for admission set forward by the universities.
- The candidate needs to have a 3-years Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a base score of 50%
- Private institutions require candidates to appear in the State-level entrance examinations like XAT, MAT, CAT, NMAT, OPENMAT, etc. and score a pre-declared percentile.
- A candidate must be of a minimum age of 18 years to appear for the Distance MBA course. There is no upper age limit.
Job Opportunities after Correspondence course in MBA
As mentioned earlier, the corporate of Mumbai prefer to hire a candidate with an MBA degree for senior positions. These courses are designed to prepare you for the challenges in the corporate market. As you complete your course, you develop your managerial and people skills.
Based on the field of specialization chosen by you, you will have opportunities in the following departments under national, multinational, private or public organizations.
- Human Resources Management: Placement and training agencies, company recruitment board, career counselling firms, etc.
- Marketing: FMCG, advertising agencies, event management companies, sales and marketing department, etc.
- Finance: Banks, trading agents, financial broking companies, insurance companies, etc.
- Operations: Production and distribution department, logistical handling, etc.
Expected job roles after MBA:
Candidates get selected in their respective fields of expertise after their correspondence course in MBA. You will, in general, be able to acquire the positions as below under MNCs-
- Finance Manager
- Senior Marketing Associate
- Human Resources Manager
- Senior Sales Manager
- Retail Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Product Manager
- Product Analyst
- Corporate Associate
Other designations can also follow your 2-years distance MBA course. The placement support you receive from the MBA colleges determines your job profile in future.
Correspondence MBA colleges in Mumbai ranked based on their placement support
The colleges for MBA distance education in Mumbai get their rank based on the placement support they offer. The college reputation and the on-the-job experience of a student play the main role in their selection during placement.
We have considered the placement benefits offered by the colleges in Mumbai while ranking them. Here is the list of the 5 best colleges in Mumbai to pursue distance MBA-
|Rank||Name of the College||Top Recruiters|
|1||MG Education Foundation – Indian Business School of Advanced Management Studies||Reliance, IBM, etc.|
|2||Indian School of Business Management and Administration||Asian Paints, Gee Construction, Invesco, etc.|
|3||National Institute of Management||CareerNet Technologies, etc.|
|4||All India Institute of Local Self Government||Jewelex India Pvt. Ltd., etc.|
|5||Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||TCS, IIFL Securities, eClerx, etc.|
Top 10 colleges in Mumbai for Diploma and Degree courses in Distance MBA
There are 64 colleges for distance MBA courses in Mumbai offering both degree and diploma courses to aspiring candidates. 36 of them offer Postgraduate Diploma courses for 12-15 months, and 43 offer an MBA degree of 2-years. Only the National Institute of Retail and Management offer a Certificate Course for 1-year.
Top 5 colleges for Diploma or PGDM courses in Mumbai:
|Name of the College||Location|
|Indian School of Business Management and Administration||Mira Road|
|University of Mumbai – Institute of Distance and Open Learning||Santacruz East|
|Indian Institute of Materials Management||Goregaon East|
|All India Institute of Local Self Government||Andheri West|
|Institute of Management Technology – Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL)||Bandra West|
Top 5 colleges for Correspondence MBA courses in Mumbai:
|Name of the College||Location|
|NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education||Vile Parle West|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education – Talentedge||Thane|
|ICFAI University – Distance Education||Andheri East|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies (IIBMS)||Borivali West|
|Xavier’s Institute of Business Management Studies||Malad West|
Affordability of colleges for Distance MBA education in Mumbai
Mumbai has a wide list of renowned colleges as the centres for top Distance learning MBA in India at an affordable rate. The course fees mostly range between Rs. 1,00,000 and Rs. 5,00,000. Government colleges like the University of Mumbai have courses below Rs. 1,00,000/-. Whereas private institutions like Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning has a course fee of Rs. 5,60,000/-.
Of the 64 Distance Learning colleges in Mumbai, 34 colleges offer courses below Rs. 1,00,000/-, 8 between the range of Rs. 1,00,000 - Rs. 2,00,000, 2 institutions have courses between Rs. 2,00,000 and Rs. 3,00,000, and only one institution, Evolve Business School, has MBA courses with fees of Rs. 3,50,000/- for Distance MBA.
Here is a thorough list of colleges in Mumbai based on their Correspondence MBA course fees.
List of 60% of the colleges in Mumbai with course fees below Rs. 1 lakh:
- Indian School of Business Management and Administration
- The University of Mumbai - Institute of Distance and Open Learning
- Jaro Education - Welingkar Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies
- Xavier's Institute of Business Management
- Academy of Higher Education
- Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
- Study and Lead Educational and Welfare Society
- Institute of Business Management Studies
- K.C. College of Management Studies
- National Institute of Management
- MIT School of Distance Education
- YES Education
- JRD Global Education
- Indian School of Management and Studies
- Imperial Institute of Advanced Studies
- International Institute of Management and Engineering
- National Academy of Management Studies
- Akshar Education
- Wisdom School of Management
- National Institute of Retail and Management
- Saraswati Distance Education
- Ignite Eduworld
- Pinnacle School of Business Management
- MG Education Foundations - Indian Business School of Advanced Management Studies
List of the 25% Mumbai colleges for Distanced Education with course fees ranging between Rs. 1-2 lakh:
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education - Talentedge
- EduMine Institute - NMIMS Global AEP
- Mumbai College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Evolve Business School
List of the 6% Correspondence MBA colleges in Mumbai with course fees between Rs. 2-3 lakhs:
Specialization courses in distance learning MBA Programs in Mumbai
Aspirants pursuing correspondence MBA in Mumbai get to choose a specialization course during their 2nd year. The genres of specialization you get are-
- General MBA
- Sales and Marketing
- Finance Management
- Human Resources Management
- IT and Security Management
- International Business
- Hospital and Hospitality Management
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
- Product Management
- Supply Chain
- Travel and Tourism Management
Subjects covered in Mumbai Distance MBA colleges
The 2-years Correspondence MBA course has the same syllabus as that of the full-time program. The compulsory subjects covered by all the MBA courses along with elective subjects are-
- Accounting Management
- Marketing Management
- Management Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting for Costs and Control
- Strategic Management
- Customer and Organizational Behaviour
- Business Communication
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Human Resources Management
- Research Methods
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Project Management
Registration for Distance MBA program in Mumbai
Do you want to join the college for the best distance MBA in Mumbai? Distance Education Guru has got you covered. We, the best career counsellors in Mumbai, will provide you with a thorough list of leading MBA colleges in Mumbai, their admission process, course fees, and other information. To get registered with the best college for distance education, call us today at +91 730-717-7057.